Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sha'velle Davis/ Designer

Introducing Sha'velle Davis



















How old are you?

 "My name is Sha'velle A. Davis I am 20 years old soon to be 21 October 1st."




 When/how did you start?

"I used to make outfits for my barbie dolls when I was younger about 8 or 9 years old I used a hand needle and thread. Seamstress or design runs in my family my great grandmother used to make outfits for my grandmother, my mom, uncles and aunts. My great aunt taught me to sew on the sewing machine when I was 12 years old.One of my best friends Keyana Caballero and I decided to create a line when we were in high school (I was 14 and she was 15). We debuted our line at a local fashion show and from there we kept going to do college fashion shows and any thing we were invited to."




 Who/what inspires you?

"Inspiration is the greatest word in the dictionary that goes for anything whether it be fashion or if you choose to go another path such as study law. I am inspired by everything from books I read to movies I watch, people and their personalities and moods. We all as humans react to everything. I may be moved by something I've seen, to maybe a song I've heard. It comes from anywhere for anyone. Who inspires me I would have to say my Aunt Sharon she is very talented and skillful in design and has never had any schooling. If it wasn't for her I'd be nothing. My friends such as Keyana Caballero she's very inspiring we have these talks on her roof just about fashion and whatever else."




 How does new York inspire your work?


"New York hmmm New York is a very diverse city, the people and their sense of fashion inspire me. Landmarks , streets, places. Let me just say settings inspire me here."





 Describe your brand.What kind of girl is your brand made for?


"My brand is By Any Means Necessary as quoted by the Late Malcolm X. Unique Creations for bold individuals.That pretty self explanatory but My target market is a female between the ages of 18-25. I'm more focused on my age group because that's exactly where I stand. I like to create garments that I can imagine myself in, and just pieces that are real eye-catchers."




What's has been your most memorable moment this far as a designer?

"My most memorable moment this far as a designer is I when I cried over a prom client I had. The sleeves were not coming out the way I wanted to so I went to my best friend Keyana's house so we could brainstorm and figure out how to create a pattern or drape a sleeve that would fit the way I wanted it to. I'm a very hard worker and I won't stop until I'm satisfied."




 What's your favorite place in New York? Why?

" Hmmm idk I have so many the first places that come to my mind are the garment district, Williamsburg in the summer, and Soho."




 What are 3 things you cant live without ?


Three things I can't not live without would be

1) my sewing machine
2) my iPhone
3) my flat iron




Who is your hero?

"My mother Mrs. Keisha Antoinette Davis-Coursey"





 If you could dress anyone in your clothing, who would it be?

"If I could dress anybody in my clothing it would be Naomi Campbell. I model as well and I idolize her."




What projects are you currently working on?


" I'm currently working on a new collection, a blog, and the launch of a website I'm not rushing the website I want everything to be planned accordingly as I manage my time between working and school."

No comments:

Post a Comment