Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sarah Dawson, Designer




When did you start?

 I have been doing art since I could pick up a pencil but I specifically started designing clothes towards the end of middle school, but I didn't start taking it as serious as I do now until I started high school.



Who/what inspires you?

 Wow,  there's so many things. Growing up in my family alone is inspiring. We are a family that revolves around art and music. I'm also inspired by old shows and movies like lolita as well as not so old shows like the nanny. And a daily inspiration is just being in NYC, there's always something to pull inspiration from in the city.




How do you think the city of New York inspire the fashion world?
New york city is a very fast pace city and it moves as quickly as trends have been changing nowadays. New york is always finding ways to make something new and fresh based off of its original beauty.




How does it inspire you?
It inspires me to always take risk; it makes me want to try and anything and be strong about ant critique I get because it can only make me better.
 


What has been your  most memorable gig thus far?
I guess my most memorable 1 would have to be my own fashion show. Me and two of my friends as well as fashion designers put on a fashion show about a year ago. It was a lot of fun the day of the show but planning it was hell. Next time I know to get someone else to take care of all the planning so all I have to focus on is my collection.
 

Describe your brand.

 Sada is a very fun brand. I guess my signature style, when it comes to womens wear, is a lolita/baby doll look but my brand is always trying something new since I'm always learning something new and getting inspiration from something. I am my brand and it reflects me and what gets my attention and interest.


If you could design for anyone ( dead or alive) who would it be?
 The only person I would truly want to work under is Betsey Johnson, she was probably the first designer that showed me a whole different side to fashion that I didn't see when I was growing up. She had her own style and ran by her own trends and her clothes are so playful.



Who are some of your favorite designers and models?
Betsey Johnson
Jeremy Scott
Oscar de la renta
christian Dior
Gema
Chanel iman
Liya kebede
Noemie lenoir



Name 3 things you cant live without.

God,cheese,water



How can people contact you?

Sadafashions@gmail.com
Twitter.com/sadafashions
Sadafashions.tumblr.com




What projects are you currently working on?
I'm currently working on making signature pieces for an up and coming musical artist. Other than that I've been doing a lot of custom orders and just waking up and randomly making stuff. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment